Duhovka Elementary Admissions Process and Enrollment Requirements for School Year 2018/2019
- The Open House Days take place on November 15, 2017 and February 23, 2018. Visitors can come and see the school, they can glimpse into a class and meet and talk to our faculty and staff, children, school administration and owners of the school. The program of both Open House Days is identical.
- Prospective Parent Information Meeting with the owners and the school director: January 11, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. At this meeting, you will find out more about the philosophy and the concept of our school, our educational services and style of work, specific requirements, etc.
- From November 15, 2017 on, the Application Form can be submitted at any point in time. The application is a key document for a child to be registered and invited to the Enrollment (without a submitted application the child cannot be put on the enrollment list and therefore accepted). The submission date of the Application is one of the enrollment criteria! All applications shall be submitted by March 31, 2018. Late applications will only be considered if there are any spots left after the official Enrollment.
The Enrollment in the First Grade is held on from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (in case of a high number of parents interested that would exceed the allotted time in the morning, meetings will be held in the afternoon as well). All registered children will be divided into small groups (5-10) and invited to come to school at a specific time. During an approx. 60-minute-long session with our teachers, the child will be assessed in terms of his or her school readiness and basic skills. Should the teachers register any significant manifestations of school unreadiness, they will recommend examination at a pedagogical and psychological counseling center on the basis of which the child’s start of the compulsory school attendance can be postponed.
- The decision about a child’s admission to compulsory school attendance in Duhovka Elementary will be based on the following admissions criteria:
- The result of the Enrollment: Within the framework of this criterion the following areas are assessed: social and emotional competence, physical and movement maturity and independence, basic math, language and communication skills. Children who do not score at least the minimum number of points in the area of school readiness or readiness for the Montessori educational system cannot be accepted (i.e. this is an elimination criterion).
- Prior experience with Duhovka Preschool (this criteria is only considered if parents turn in the application by January 31, 2018 at the latest and the child has been attending the Preschool for the minimum of 12 months prior to the Enrollment). The number of points gained by the prior attendance of Duhovka Preschool will directly correlate with the period of time spent there.
- Bilingual children who have mastered Czech and English language on a native speaker level or at least on such a level that they are able to communicate with native speakers fluently and spontaneously without any special efforts on either side.
- Siblings of children attending any Duhovka school
- Permanent residence in Prague 6 (will be verified during the Enrollment when you will be asked to present an ID or another document containing your permanent address)
- The submission date of the application (early applications gain more points)
- Signature of the contract for provision of educational services between the school and the child’s legal guardian (signature of the contract is a condition of the child’s acceptance)
- An individual meeting of the child’s parents with the school director and one of the owners of the school. The purpose of the interview is to make sure that the educational services that our school offers are identical with the parents’ requirements. The meeting will take place before the date of Enrollment. (It is one of the conditions of a child’s acceptance that the meeting takes place. The contents of the meeting or the result do not influence the admission decision.)
Parents will receive the result of the admissions process in the form of a proposal of acceptance or a decision not to admit a child within 5 working days after the Enrollment via email. The admission decision will be issued when the contract is signed, 30 days after the Enrollment at the latest.
Download Application here.